As you age and as you realize your short comings, you learn. If you don't learn from your mistakes, there is no progress.
This is what I learned over the last 3 years and I hope my experiences help any beginners reading this blog!
Once I knew for sure that we were going to move, I did the following three things:
1. Got in touch with any local or near -by artists from new town.
2. Looked up all the Events and Festivals and contacted the organizers.
3. Ordered postcards with promotional offers to be delivered in the area I am moving in.
So far, I have received a very positive response from being proactive!! I think is you are moving to a new place and are a artist, you need to do at least the above three things.
Ok, above part was only for my 'small business'. I have two more important issues to handle.
1. Get a decent job (logistics, Distribution center)
2. Arrange for necessary paperwork needed to back to school.
I wish I could work in my field (Architecture), but the construction industry has been down under for like....forever...UGH!!
Oh yes, in the meanwhile, I subscribed for a one-month of Fabatv.com. You get to watch world class Instructors teach classes. I have learned so much new stuff in just a few days....that I am bursting with ideas. Restless to try all the new techniques and designs.
Check out Fabatv.com!!
Tribal designs fascinate me! After watching an awesome class by Mark Reid, I did this doodle.....YAY!